Saturday, May 18, 2013

Massachusetts Senate Race:
Markey(D) vs. Gomez(R)
Update #2


A new poll has been taken for the Massachusetts senate race and Democrat Ed Markey continues to lead. This poll was taken on May 15 and the most recent poll before this one was completed on the 7th, so using my seven day rule, this is the only poll being considered.


Most recent poll: 15 May 2013
Polls taken within a week of the most recent: 1
Lead: 7% lead for Markey(D)
Confidence of Victory of the median poll: 98.2%

I do prefer having a larger set of data on which to base a post, but I will remind readers that I consider these updates to be snapshots of an evolving situation rather than predictions of what will take place on election day. While this is "just one poll", the resulting Confidence of Victory numbers are much the same as we saw last week. I intend to have an update at least once a week until the election on June 25 if there are enough new polls to warrant such regular reports. I'm not sure how many polling companies will be working this race in May, but I fully expect multiple polls a week in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment